Dr. Yash Gulati
MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS,
M.Ch - Orthopaedics
Dr. Yash Gulati is an internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon who has done tremendous work in Spine Surgery and Joint Replacement. He is the youngest orthopedic surgeon to have been awarded Padma Shree by the President of India. Padma awards are the second highest civilian awards the country’s President confers on citizens for exceptional service.
He is an alumnus of prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, and MCh from University of Liverpool, England.
After having worked for the number of years in England and Republic of Ireland and doing fellowships in different countries in the world, Dr Gulati came back to India to join Apollo hospital right from its inception.
Dr. Gulati operated on former Prime Minister of India, many international cricketers, diplomats and a large number of patients from various countries.
He has super specialized in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Microdiscectomy for Slip Disc, and correction of Spine Deformities such as Scoliosis, Spondylolisthesis etc.
He was the first Indian to have done Endoscopic Disc surgery for Slip Disc in India. He uses minimally invasive techniques whenever applicable for Slip Disc, Spinal Canal Stenosis and Spine Fusion. He is amongst a handful of surgeons doing Minimally Invasive Trans Foraminal Inter-Body Fusion ( MITLIF) He did live demonstration of Microdiscectomy on Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association held in Patna.
Dr. Yash Gulati was awarded Best Paper Award for his work on Spinal Surgery in Annual Conference of Orthopaedics, held at New Delhi.
Dr. Gulati has been doing Primary & Revision Knee & Hip Replacement for over 20 years and has done a large number of surgeries with excellent results.
He was invited to perform live demonstration Knee Replacement and Hip Replacement Surgery in Golden Jubilee Conference of Indonesian Orthopaedic Association at Solo, Indonesia.
He has written numerous scientific papers in Indian and Foreign Journals. He has largest series of Total Hip Replacement for Sickle Cell Disease in India.
He has been a teaching faculty for numerous Orthopaedic conferences in India & abroad.He is a recognized teacher Diplomat of National Board (DNB), Orthopaedics and has trained postgraduates under his supervision.
Dr. Yash Gulati has been Senior Consultant at Division of Spine Surgery & Division of Joint Replacement, Orthopaedics, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi for 17 years and will now have the additional responsibility of being Advisor Orthopaedics, Apollo Group of Hospitals all over India & Co-ordinator Orthopaedics, Apollo-Spectra Hospitals, Delhi, Kanpur, and Jaipur.
He is a Visiting Senior Specialist at RAK Hospital, UAE where he conducts regular OPD & Surgery sessions.Previously he was Head of Orthopedics Unit at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St. James Hospital, Dublin Ireland, Director & HOD Orthopaedics at BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi. Formerly, he was also Adjunct Professor – Indira Gandhi Open University.
He is a life member of a number of Orthopaedic, Joint Replacement and Spine Surgeon Associations, Dr. Yash Gulati was the President of Delhi Orthopaedic Association. He has organized numerous Orthopaedic, Joint Replacement And Spine Surgery Conferences to disseminate scientific information, He was honored by Indian Armed Force by being appointed as Honorary Consultant in recognition of his voluntary service to Armed Forces and Orthopaedic Surgeries for civilians in far-flung areas under program “Sadbhavana” run by Armed Forces.
He has done pioneering work in the field of facilitating treatment for patients from many other countries( Medical Tourism) and large numbers of the patient from various countries come to him from Joint Replacement & Spine Surgery. He provided medical cover for Cricket Test Matches, One Day International Matches over last 14 Years and World Cup Hockey Tournament. He was also on Advisory Medical Committee of Common Wealth Games.
Dr. Gulati is Chairman, Orthopaedic Implants Committee Indian Bureau of Standards, Dr. Yash Gulati Anchored a Medical Health Show Program on Doordarshan called “High Tech Surgery – Dr. Yash Gulati, Health Show” in 1999. He featured in Sunday Times, London and his surgery was shown in a half hour documentary on ITV, London Z Business TV telecast an exclusive feature on him in the category of Inspirational Personalities in a program entitled “Big Idea” in Jan 2015.
- Spine and Joint Replacement
- ACL Reconstruction
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Fracture Treatment
- Arthritis Management
- Spinal Surgery
- Physiotherapy for Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy
- Joint Dislocation Treatment
- Pain Management Counseling
- Bone Trauma
- Knee Pain Treatment
- Lower Back Pain
- Back Pain Physiotherapy
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Pain Treatment
- Hand Pain
- Joint Pain Treatment
- Neck Pain Treatment
- Minimally Invasive Knee Correction
- Trauma Surgery
- Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
- Osteoporosis Treatment
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Correction of deformities
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Elbow Replacement
- Spinal Deformity Correction
- Shoulder Replacement
- Limb Deformities
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee Osteotomy
- Minimally Invasive Hip Correction
- Scoliosis Correction
- Post Surgery Physiotherapy/Rehabilitation
- Paediatrics – Ortho
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- Cartilage Surgery
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- MS – Orthopaedics – G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1982
- M.Ch – Orthopaedics – University of Liverpool, UK, 2002
- MBBS – University of Delhi, 1978
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded Padma Shri by President of India.
- Commendation from President, Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Commendation by Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- ‘Romesh Chander’ Best Doctor Award for his Service to the Elderly.
- Commendation Award by International President of Lions Club.
- ‘Chiktask Ratna Award’ given by Akhil Bhartiya
- Swantrata Lekhak Manch
- Awarded ‘Distinguished Service Award’ by President New Delhi IMA, New Delhi on Doctor’s Day June.
- Commendation Certificate from Aligarh Muslim
- University for teaching Spinal Surgery to Teaching
- Faculty in Orthopaedic & established Spine Surgery.
- Commendation certificate from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, for Teaching.
- Best Paper Award, Annual Orthopaedic Conference, Delhi.
- HOD at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA)
- Indian Society for Hip & Knee Surgeons (ISHKS)
- Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA)
- South Delhi Orthopaedic Society (SDOS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine (IFSM)
- Delhi Medical Council (DMC)