Dr. Puneet Agarwal
MBBS, DM - Neurology, Fellowship in Neurology, Stroke & Critical Care
Dr. PuneetAgarwal is the Principal Consultant and the Head of Unit of the Neurology Department at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi. With degrees of MBBS from King George Medical College, Lucknow and DM (Neurology) from GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi; Dr. Agarwal, is a specialist in performing Epilepsy Surgeries.
Prior to joining Max Super Specialty Hospital, he was an Assistant Professor at AIIMS, New Delhi. Dr. PuneetAgarwal has successfully treated patients with Cerebrovascular Diseases, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Movement Disorders, Nerve Disorders, Thrombotic Diseases, Strokes, Snoring habits and Sleep Disorders. He is among the first to start Sonothrombolysis in patients suffering from acute stroke in North India and at Max Super Specialty Hospital. He is also among the first to do an Inflammatory Genes study in Stroke patients and IV Valporate Status in India.
Dr. PuneetAgarwal has a special interest in treating patients of Stroke, Parkinson Disease, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and InjBotulinum Toxin (Botox). He has achieved fellowships of Neurology in Stroke & Critical Care Neurology at UCLA, Los Angeles, USA and Santara Hospital, Virginia, USA. He has also been awarded Training Fellowship in Sonothrombolysis, TCD and Carotid Doppler and Sleep Study, National University, Singapore. He is the member of the American Academy of Neurology and a life member of IMA, IAN, NSI, IES and Delhi Neurology Association.
- MBBS – King George Medical University, Lucknow
- DM – Neurology – GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Neurology, Stroke & Critical Care – UCLA, Los Angeles, USA and Santara Hospital, Virginia USA
- Fellowship in Sonothrombolysis, TCD, Carotid Doppler and Sleep Study – National University Hospital, Singapore
Awards and Recognitions
- Award for best platform paper presentation in prestigious Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) and U.P. Neuracon
- Best Young Teacher Award
- Neurology, Principal Consultant and Head of Unit – Max Hospital, Saket , currently working
- Neurology, Assistant Professor- AIIMS, New Delhi , 2000
- Member – American Academy of Neurology
- Life Membership – Indian Medical Association
- Life Membership – IAN
- Life Membership – Neurological Society of India
- Life Membership – IES
- Life Member – Delhi Neurology Association