Dr. J D Mukherjee
MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Neurology
Dr. JD Mukherjee is working as a senior neurologist at Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi. He has more than 30 years of experience in the evaluation and management of Strokes, Critical Care Neurology, Headaches, Movement Disorders and Multiple Sclerosis. Dr. JD Mukherjee was a senior teaching faculty member at Army Research and Referral Hospital – Delhi, prior to joining Max Healthcare. The experience has given him an edge in Critical Care Neurology.
Dr. JD Mukherjee has several international and national publications to his credit, besides giving many talks on neurology both in India and abroad. Dr. Mukherjee has carried out several research projects under AFMRC and presently is involved in several drug trials. He was awarded the Chief of Army staff’s Commendation Medal in 2004 besides being awarded the GOC-in-C (Western Command) Commendation Medal twice. He was also awarded the best scientific paper in the platform presentation section in Neurology in APICON 2005 at Mumbai for his paper ’Stroke in the Young.’
Dr. JD Mukherjee has been invited by the Government of India for being an expert in the management of Multiple Sclerosis. He has received special training for treatment of Multiple Sclerosis in Switzerland. His achievements in his area of specialty have been commendable. He is known in the industry for his vast knowledge about his subject of interest.
- MBBS – VSS Medical College,Sambalpur, Orissa, 1982
- MD – Internal Medicine – Bangalore University
- DM – Neurology – PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Special training for treatment of Multiple Sclerosis – Switzerland
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded for best scientific paper in the platform presentation section in Neurology in “APICON 2005” at Mumbai for his paper ‘ Stroke in the Young’, 2005
- Awarded with “GOC-in-C (Western Command)” Commendation Medal twice
- Awarded with Chief-of Army staff’s Commendation Medal, 2004
- Neurology, Director and HOD – Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket , currently working
- Neurology, Consultant Incharge- Armed Forces Medical Services , 1983