Dr. Anil Kumar Dhar
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, Post Doctoral Fellowship - Medical Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
The Director of the department of Medical Oncology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon, Dr. Anil K. Dhar has over 28 years of rich experience in his field. He pursued his MBBS and MD (Internal Medicine) Degrees from KG’s Medical College, Lucknow. Later, Dr. Dhar completed his Post Doctoral Training in Medical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. His area of specialization includes Bone Marrow Transplant in Malignant Disorders and Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia.
With an extensive experience of treating more than thirty thousand patients with Solid and Haematological Malignancies, the doctor pioneered the technique of Autologous Transplant in India. He has done 70 Bone Marrow Transplants of Autologous and Allogenic types. For several years, he practiced as a Bone Marrow Transplant Physician at Army Hospital (R&R). In the year 2006, he was designated as the Head of Oncology Division at Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi Cantonment. He has served as a Consultant – Medical Oncology at various other prestigious hospitals across the country, such as Command Hospital, Pune, AFMC, Pune, and Command Hospital, Kolkata. He has been accorded with several awards for his commendable contribution to the field of Oncology.
In the year 2010, he was bestowed with the VishishtSeva Medal (VSM) from the President of India, for establishing BMT Unit and Day Care Centre at Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi Cantonment. He is a distinguished member of the Medical Journal Armed Forces India. He is actively involved in writing for national and international journals.
- MBBS – King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1979
- MD – General Medicine – King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1983
- Post Doctoral Fellowship – Medical Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant – Tata Memorial Hospital,Mumbai, 1994
- Training – Bone Marrow Transplantation – Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1994
Awards and Recognitions
- First autologous transplant in Indian History.
- GOC-IN-C Commendation Award
- VishishtSeva Medal (VSM) from the President of India, for his role in establishing the BMT Unit and the Day Care Centre at Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi Cantonment.
- Medical Oncology, Sr. Consultant & HOD- Venkateshwara Hospital, Dwarka , currently working
- Medical Oncology, Consultant- Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon
- Oncology, Director- Fortis Memorial Research Institute
- Oncology, Head- Army Hospital , 2006
- Medical Oncology, Consultant- Command Hospital, Kolkata
- Medical Oncology, Medical oncologist- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Medical Oncology, Consultant- Command Hospital, Pune
- Member – Medical Journal Armed Forces India (MJAFI)