BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi. The hospital was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 2nd January, 1959.
By 1984, when the hospital celebrated its Silver Jubilee, it was an expanding hospital well on its way to becoming Delhi’s premier multispecialty institute. Services offered included General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dentistry, Pulmonology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics, apart from mother & child care.
A factor of much importance to the hospital was the health of the community. Enthusiastic doctors held camps and public health talks to improve the status of community health in the area.
In the late 1990s, the Trustees of the hospital felt the need to upgrade it to a tertiary care hospital and tied up with Radiant Life Care Private Limited to re-develop and manage the facility. Today, a modern state-of-the-art tertiary care hospital has come up in place of the old hospital. It is one of the biggest stand alone private Hospitals in the National Capital Region today.
- Parking Services
- Blood Bank
- Cafeteria Services
- Bariatric and Adv. Laparoscopy Surgery
- Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Emergency & Acute Care Medicine
- Endocrinology And Endocrine Surgery
- ENT & Cochlear Implant
- External Counter Pulsation
- General And Minimal Access Surgery
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Interventional Radiology
- Liver Transplantation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nutrition and Health
- Pain Management
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Attendants & Visitors Cafeteria
- International Patients Lounge
- Prayer house
- Telephone Service
- Wireless Internet Access
- Garden & Outdoor Space
Quality & Safety
- The hospital has been designed for maximum safety and comfort of the patients and healthcare providers. It complies with national and international standards for hospital accreditation.
- Clinical governance is an integral part of our practice.
- Robust quality and infection control practices are in place.
- Best in class modular OT’s and ICU’s with HEPA filters, laminar air flow and 20 complete air changes per hour and access control minimise the risk of infection.
- Isolation rooms have been earmarked in the ICU to treat critically ill infectious patients thus preventing threat to other patients.
- Stringent “Biomedical Waste Management” practices for segregation, storage, transport and disposal of hospital waste are in place.
- Green building: The hospital is designed to allow sunlight in most of the ICUs and patient rooms as it minimizes stress on the patients and gives them proper orientation of time.
- The hospital has one of the most advanced “Building Management Systems” which help in patient and employee safety and reduce the excessive burden on the infrastructure and environment.
- Delhi’s first automated pneumatic chute system for immediate transfer of samples, medicines and documents minimizing delays & ensuring safe and hygienic transfer.
- The “Hospital Information System” used is most advanced and user friendly and helps to reduce medical errors as well as contributes to faster and better patient management.